Tuesday 22 May 2012

From shabby 2 chic

I started with this old dresser that I had sitting in my basement. I lightly sanded it, then painted it cream and distressed it. I kept the original hardware.



Sold

So then I got the fever for refinishing. So I got on Facebook swaps and Craigslist and started hunting. I found this small sofa table that I sanded down, stained a dark mahogany, painted black and then distressed it to show the dark stain through. This being one of my first projects got me excited because I sold it the same night I had finished it.

Sold

Over the next few days, I scoured different swap sights and started my collection of old furniture. Below are a few more from what they looked like from Shabby 2 chic.



Sold




 Sold

Sold



Sold


 
Sold

Sold


 
Sold


 Sold

 
Sold


 Sold



This wine cabinet I found on facebook and had it sold before I even picked it up. She wanted it painted black and then distressed.

 Sold
This beautiful french provincial dresser and night table was found at a garage sale. It was custom painted for a customer and then heavily distressed.




Sold
Found this antique dresser on craigslist already painted and all I did was scuff it up a bit and put it up for sale.
Sold

This antique vanity was another craigs find. I took the mirror off, painted and distessed the bottom dresser. I sold the mirror seperate and decided to keep the dresser for my living room.


 I bought myself a small electric paint sprayer. This little tool cuts my painting time in half. Here I was just testing it out for the first time. Pretty exciting. I then painted the sofa table cream, distressed it and sealed it. I don't like the way it turned out, so probably going to do it again, but for now... here it is

 $250

This older dining table has really cool details on the legs. I sanded it down, painted it black distressed and sealed it.


 $225

Now this old dresser I found on facebook for only 10 bucks. Then Andrew came home a few days later with an identical one he found at a garage sale, so I had two of them sitting in my garage. One of them I decided to paint black and distress it. I am giving that one away as a b-day gift, the other one was a custom order for a lady who wanted it painted cream then distressed.



Sold

Now, I have a garage that is only partially full of furniture, always on the hunt though for that special piece. Keep following to see all the wonderful transformations.

No comments:

Post a Comment